Sun West is one of the few direct lenders to provide in-house underwriting, funding, and servicing. Our team is dedicated to offering exceptional customer service coupled with integrity, reliability, strength and stability. We achieve this through our commitment to technology.
Take Your Career to New Heights with Sun West!
|Buena Park, CA 90620
||5+ Years experience in accounting and finance
||Minimum of BA; MBA preferred
We are looking for an experienced Controller to join our winning team! The Controller will be responsible for the accuracy of all financial functions, including cost accounting, cycle management, reporting, risk analysis, internal controls, etc. You will demonstrate your prior knowledge/experience by successfully managing a mid-size accounting team. Some of the typical job duties as a Controller may include:
- Oversee and coordinate all financial activities.
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts, and cash flows.
- Production of statutory and internal financial reports.
- Establish and maintain accounting processes and financial ledgers.
- Preparation of monthly P&L and balance sheet.
- Cash management and treasury duties.
- Compile yearly audit schedules and assists with audit.
- Maintain risk management-based internal controls, etc.
- Conduct internal audits to assess financial status.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision insurance and a 401 (k) program. As well as a great work environment.
- Prior successful experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, AP and AR, general ledger, and budget development.
- Computer literate, advanced Excel skills, and a complete understanding of accounting software principles.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Prior mortgage experience is a plus!
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented